Sunday, August 26, 2007

Baby Album


A friend of mine had a baby girl at the end of June. I finally finished an album to send as a gift last week. It turned out really well and I love the fabric I found for the cover. It was a remenant at Jo-Ann's. I think it is upolstery fabric. Anyhow, the blue sheen went well with some chocolate brown fabric and ribbon I already had. I also had chocolate brown paper on hand for the interior covers and for the binding. It's a smaller version of the album we made for my parents, but without the window mattes. I put a custom card in the front that states the album was created in celebration of the birth of my friend's daughter. I love giving hand-made gifts. They always feel more personal. And I love making them.

2 comments:

Knitterella said...

Your journals are beautiful!

Jill

P.S. Thanks for the comment regarding Marley, I really appreciate it.

P.P.S. Are we talking about the same friend? I have yet to mail my gift to her. By this time I probably need to make a bigger size!

Anonymous said...

Are you girls talking about me? *wink-wink* I can't believe I wasn't able to get either of you on the telephone. Sigh, such busy lives! The album is absolutely gorgeous, Sara. I am having a hard time picking out the best photos to put in it. Thanks so much again! We'll talk more soon. Bye...