Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Award Winner

Jim and I designed, printed and assembled our wedding invitations. We also created a booklet for our out-of-town guests so they would know a little about Kalamazoo, where to get a good sandwich or beer, what time to be at the church, etc. We entered the package in a couple design contests and yesterday received a certificate and notification that our design was chosen for the American Graphic Design Awards 2007. This contest is held by GDUSA. Pretty sweet! Only downside/s is they mispelled my maiden name on the certificate and it costs $250 to get it published in their annual. Still pretty sweet though!

3 comments:

Knitterella said...

Sara, that is so great! Congratulations!!!

I'd love to get a closer look. When does this magazine come out?

Just awesome!
Jill

Anonymous said...

Thanks! If we want it published we have to pay $250. We're still deciding if we want to do it or not. The entry fees for this competition are really low, so they make up for it by making winners pay to be published. Kind of lame, but oh well. I'm not sure when the annual is published. I'll let you know what we decide.

Oh, it is a free pub to graphic designers though, so if you're interested check out their site (I think I have a link to it in the posting).

S

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Real proud of you, Sara! Be sure to let me know too if you're getting published.

Yay yay yay!