Wednesday, August 01, 2007

In the works

Well, I haven't gotten very far with my next dress, but here is a sneak peek at the fabric and style. Sorry for the crappy pic. I'm doing letter "C" in the bottom left corner with this yellow on white cotton flower patterened fabric. I'm actually really excited for the dress, but can't seem to motivate myself to finish cutting it out. That is my least favorite part of sewing—cutting everything out. It takes me so long and I just want to SEW!

In my break time from slacking on my dress I decided to give knitting a sweater a try. I've never knit a sweater before and instead of knitting an actual size from a pattern I decided to wing it and try this pattern in a baby size. Go figure :P I think I'm doing alright so far with the front and back pieces and the pattern is super simple. The sleeves are making me a little nervous, but I'm taking good notes on what I'm doing for the first one so that I can just recreate it for the second one. Wish me luck :) Hopefully it will at least be good for a stuffed animal or something . . .

No comments: