Sunday, August 05, 2007

Baby Sweater

Well, I finished the baby sweater. It looks pretty cute but I'm not entirely sure it will fit any baby. The neck isn't very big and it doesn't have too much give. The sleeves actually ended up being too long, but I cuffed them and think they would work fine this way. I asked a friend of mine with a 4 month old how big his head is and she said she wasn't sure, maybe 16" around or so. I'm not entirely sure if I'll give it to someone or not, but at least now I know I can knit a sweater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I showed this sweater to some co-workers and they had a couple of suggestions. I'm going to try either (1) making it into more of a v-neck or (2) making it into some sort of cardigan. Either could be tricky, but I'll post whatever I end up doing.

Sara

Knitterella said...

Pretty darn good for your first sweater!

Hope you keep knitting!
Jill