Saturday, May 08, 2010

One Week to Go until Baby Expo . . .

I'm feeling a bit frazzled, but it will be worth it. I'm a busy bee working to finish up everything for the Baby Expo next Saturday. I spent most of Thursday printing the first phase of my letterpress baby announcements and shower invitations. I thought this would be the hardest part of the process because I had to rig the press to hold the paper in a not so standard place, but I got it to work and so far they look great. But, alas, today as I worked to continue printing the second round to be the graphics at the bottom of the design I hit some snags. I had to take a break and luckily I received my clothing tags in the mail today. So, I sewed in a whole bunch of tags and now feel like I'm making steady progress. Whew, on top of all of this we are getting ready to move across the country. Lots going on, but I am sure it will all work itself out in the end and in the meantime I will take breaks to enjoy margaritas (on my way to make one after finishing this post).

Here are some pics of my most recent undertakings:

"Faux" gauge pins holding paper in place on the press. I used self sticking photo corners cut in half and taped to the platen. It worked, so who cares how ridiculous it may look, right?


Prints drying! Yay! I'm 1/3 of the way there. Hope I make it all the way before next Saturday.


Clothing tags! They complete the sets. Now all I have to do is print labels for the clear bags I'm packaging these in.

3 comments:

kasia | szkieuka said...

I've been wondering for some time what this mysterious letterpress was, and now I more-or-less know! I read your post from earlier and it was cool to see the pictures.

kasia (yep, that kasia from Carol Stream :)

Unknown said...

Sara - you're the bomb!! These look amazing! Can't wait to see all of your stuff at the Baby Expo. - Kendra

Sara said...

Thanks for the comments. Kasia, I bet you'd enjoy the letterpress, since you love the paper crafts. There is actually a new machine out there made by QuickKutz. It creates the letterpress effect without being a 100 year old metal machine. And, it's reasonably priced at around $150. Here is a link: http://lifestylecrafts.com/products/comboKit.aspx