Tuesday, October 05, 2010

My Fabric Fairy

My mom's very good friend gave me a bunch of fabric that belonged to her mother, who used to quilt but can't do so anymore. I can't believe how awesome all of it is. This woman has an eye for great floral prints. Check them out:

Look at this gorgeous stack of lovely floral prints!


Here's a few close ups of the patterns.






As a "thank you" to my mom's friend, I am making a couple of dresses for her one year old granddaughter out of a few of the prints. Here is my first attempt at a peasant style dress. What do you think?



I'd like to add a little more flair to the skirt and also even out the neckline a bit, but overall I think it's pretty cute. I'm also thinking of adding a few of these to my product line. Wouldn't it be so adorable with some tights and maybe a matching pair of THESE baby shoes?

Thank you, Fabric Fairy, for your generosity and total awesomeness!

No comments: