Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's been awhile, but alot has been happening

Whew. Finally some time to post here. Since moving across the country, getting Lilly Jean Creations set up online, preparing my booth for my first craft fair . . . this summer has been a busy one for crafting. So, finally I have time to post about it all.

On July 10 and 11 I did my first craft fair in Charlevoix, MI. It was a fun event, the weather cooperated, I met some great people and made a few sales. I learned a bit about setting up a booth at these type of events, what people liked (and bought) and am thinking I might still try to do another one this summer. We'll see though. It's quite a bit of work and for some of the events you have to apply pretty early. Anyhow, here are some pictures of my booth:


Me at my table, trying not to blow away on Sunday :) It got pretty windy a few times. Thankfully, Jim helped create weights for my tent so it didn't blow away.




My clothesline display of the skirt and pant gift sets.


I also had some stuffed crocheted birds, a mobile made of the crocheted birds and some of my fill-in invitations for sale. I thought it was a good mix of product.

My other big project has been setting up the online shop at lillyjean.com and also posting some items on Etsy. I've finally got almost all of my product up online, so check it out at lillyjean.com/shop or on Etsy at www.lillyjean.etsy.com.

I am working on designing some invitations that can be customized and then simply printed from a PDF file that I email. I call them "U-Print" invitations. I'm hoping to have some of these up for sale soon. Here is a sneak peek at one of the designs:



The colors and all of the text would be customized. Each 8.5" x 11" PDF file has one wedding invitation, one response card and one "save the date" card on it. This way, each page printed is equal to one full set for each guest. All you need is a paper cutter, or exacto knife and ruler.

I am still knitting THIS. It's taking me some time, but I'll get it done. Hopefully before the end of the year. I have yet to decide if I should gift it or keep it. We'll see :)

No comments: