Friday, September 04, 2009

Baby Pants

I wasn't going to post these until they were complete, but all I have left to do is put the elastic in the waste band and they are so dang cute I couldn't wait to share.

I LOVE these little pants. I love them so much that I'm going to hold onto them for a bit. I have some ideas for onesies to match that would create an outfit so I'm at least holding onto them until I have a chance to work on those.

I used another free pattern from the Lion Brand Website. It's the "Baby Brights Pants" pattern. I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn. Love that stuff, but it is a bit pricey. I think just for the yarn these are $20-$30 baby pants. I didn't check my gauge and had to do some adjusting. Basically I reached the length the pattern called for before I reached the number of stitches. I've read that length is more important, so I just altered the pattern for the number of stitches. I think with baby pants it is probably okay to do that. They don't look funky or anything :) I did the striping on my own, the pattern calls for a particular Lion Brand Yarn that looks like it self stripes. I may have to make a few more pairs of these with pink, green, purple maybe? I think I'll try a different yarn that is a bit more affordable though. I'm still working on my seam sewing skills. Matching stripes can be tricky too, but these turned out pretty well.

No comments: