Friday, August 22, 2008

Sear-Sucker Blazer Finished

Well, after 3 months and tons of patience I finally finished the sear-sucker blazer that I intended to be a birthday gift for Jim. This whole project was pretty difficult, but overall I am pleased with the final outcome. Jim wore it out to an office summer party and received lots of compliments (and a couple of order requests for me). It's heavier that I expected, but I'm not sure how I could have fixed that, unless I used a very thin fabric for the lining, or didn't line it at all. Anyhow, I will try to get a pic of Jim actually wearing it, but for now . . . here it is:

Photo Album

Our friends AV and Sonia came out for a visit in July. As part of a belated wedding gift I crafted a photo album for them. Below are the pics.

Jim and I picked out the fabrics together. Initially the idea was to have them swapped, with the stripes on the spine and the pattern on the cover. When we got home we thought it would look better this way.

I used brown for the interior.

I believe the album had 10 or 12 pages. It is approximately 9" wide by 6" tall and 1.5" thick. The pages are meant to hold 4" x 6" photos.