Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gifts Galore!

I have finished up my holiday gifts and thought I'd post some pics. Here are a couple of dolls that I made for my niece. I used the Black Apple doll pattern. You can find it HERE.I decided to make her a cowboy and cowgirl to reflect where her aunt and uncle live. They turned out really well, I think. It took me forever to decide on how to paint the cowboy face. I went super simple for both faces, but I think that is okay. I found the buttons for the "belt buckles" at JoAnns and I decided to add the handkerchiefs to give them a bit more character. I hope she likes them. I love this pattern. It is a great way to use up scrap fabric. I made a couple of other dolls as well, but I haven't decided who to give them to yet. I will definitely be making more of these.





I also finished up some small journals for my co-workers. I used Amy Butler designed scrapbook paper for the covers and cream "résumé" paper for the interior pages. I saddle stitched them with embroidery floss. I think they are cute. I will probably make some more of these in 2009.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Sara! These dolls are amazing!! I would love to have one for Dylan sometime. Let me know what you charge! SO cute.