Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Present

I haven't posted that much lately, mostly because I haven't had that many projects going on. This one I made for my Mom for Mother's Day. I finished it in February. I started it in January because I was worried I might not finish it. Having never made a full sized, adult sweater before I was unsure how quickly I would be able to finish it and if I would have any issues with the yarn or pattern, etc. Needless to say, it was super easy and actually really fun to make. The pattern is from Knitscene Winter '07/Spring '08 issue. I had wanted to make it in blue, but my local yarn shop didn't have enough yarn in a blue color, so I went with purple. I love that there were no seams. Personally, seaming a sweater is my least favorite part. If I can do one without having to do any seaming I'm a happy knitter. I love the seed stitch border and the ribbon accent is so fun. I got the ribbon from the site suggested in the pattern: lesbonribbon.com. I asked my Mom to send me a picture of her in it. Once she does I'll post it so you can see it on her. Until then, here are a couple of pictures of the finished piece. I will have to dig through my stash for the yarn that I used. It's cotton and I believe hand-dyed. I got it a shop here in Bozeman called Stix.

Finished sweater.
Detail of neckline.

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

That looks awesome! You did a great job. Love the ribbon trim!

I can't believe you gave it away ;) Now you must knit one for yourself!