Thursday, January 24, 2008

Baby Bolero

I've finished my first project from one of the books I got for Christmas. I made the Baby Bolero from One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet.I used a yarn I had in my stash that I think is a Wool Ease blend. I had balled it and didn't have the tag anymore. The pattern calls for a different yarn, but I didn't have anything that resembled that so I went with the wool blend. It turned out pretty good. I am still working on the picking up stitches part of doing collars. It's very tricky, I think. So, I'm happy with how this turned out, but would have been a little happier with a better collar. I had to pull it out once and didn't really want to do it again. Here are some pics:

Front view.
Back view.

I know a few women that are due in the spring so I'm pretty sure this one will be a gift. I'm playing with the idea of adding a crocheted flower pin, but I'll need to brush up on my crochet skills, so we'll see.

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

It's looks so cute! A flower pin would be adorable too!

Yeah, picking up stitches can be a pain. I don't always get the number that they call for. Just as long as it's evening spaced and and even number for a rib I'm usually good to go!